Google Places – We can all agree that advertising works. Some advertising works better than other types of advertising. Heny Ford, the founder of Ford Motor Company stated, ” A man who stops advertising to save money is like a man whos stops a clock to save time.” Where Google Places comes In to help you grow your business is one simple amazing fact. 71% of all internet searches. Back in 2005 69% of all searches were done using Google. With this amazing fact in mind Google Places, which is Google’s version of a yellow page business listing, is for the time being free, offers business owners an opportunity to list all their business information including contact information, location information, website address, images from the business and Youtube videos. Businesses with the most relevant information and the with a well designed website quite often get listed on PAGE 1 in the group businesses listed in Google Places business listings or they get listed organically ( organic listing means the search engine computer programs list of indexed websites for every possible relevant search term, bit of information, product, service, or news item. The more relevent the search engines find a website the higher the search engines index the website. Some website are on page 1 while other websites show up on page 7) for that business’s search term. The higher or better your placement is in the list of business in Google Places or the higher your business is listed organically statistically the better your chance is of someone clicking on the link to your website which in turn can convert into new business.
Google Places Optimized Local Business Listing – What’s the Next Step
1. Create a Google Account – You can do this with your current primary email. Once you’ve created your own Google Account stay logged in.
2. Type in a search in Google for Your Business Name – i.e. Joe’s Speedy Plumbing
3. IF Google Places listing comes up for your business click on the words PLACE PAGE. Then click on EDIT THIS PLACE.
4. Then click on EDIT MY BUSINESS LISTING. Then below on that page click on CONTINUE.
5. After you click on CONTINUE you will be in your Google Places business listing. Fill in all the relevant information asked for the click on SUBMIT at the bottom of the page.
6. On the next page Google will ask you to verify your listing by telephone or by postcard. Pick one then wait for your FIVE DIGIT code by an immediate phone call from Google or from Google via the postcard method. Type in the five digit code then press FINISH. Once you pressed finish you will have completed your company’s very own Google Places Optimized Business Listing.
Now when people type in your business name in Google they will more than likely come to your Google Places business listing which includes all the important information about your business, including your phone number, website, images from jobs you’ve completed and Youtube videos, if you’ve set up a Youtube channel for your business. The more information on the internet about your business so people can find you and your website the better off you’ll be when it comes to developing new pieces of business.