Using flyers to market your roofing business, plumbing business, plastering business or contracting business may seem “old school” but if done well and consistently you’ll find people will read your marketing flyers and you’ll get leads. Here’s how you can make your marketing flyer look great, grab attention, and bring you leads.
1. Knockout Title or Headline is Key – Phrases like, SECRETS TO FEWER ROOF LEAKS, TIME TO ACT IS NOW, FREE BONUSES, DISCOVER HOW TO SAVE ON YOUR WATER BILL can catch attention where people will tear off your phone number from the flyer.
2. Use Color or Smoking Hot Graphics – A great photo or illustration will get peoples attention visually. Quality photos are available online at Istockphoto.com or fotolia.com that will make your flyer look very cool.
3. Target Benefits of Your Service or Product – You do something most people cannot do like plumbing or framing. Express the benefit someone will receive by hiring your company.
4. Use Awesome Testimonials – People read testimonials from your clients. You have satisfied clients. Capitalize on your success by including a short testimonial on the flyer.
5. Flyer Design Needs to Include Boxes and Borders with Colors that Separate Section – Ease of read for your prospect is huge. Make the flyer “pop” with a solid design. There are flyer service for do-it-your-selfers online that you can subscribe to that you can use to make awesome flyers.
6. Make Your Message Easy to Read – Targeting your main points with BOLD HEADLINES where it makes sense that will help your readers see what you want them to see.
7. Keep it Simple – Making your flyer too busy will kill your message and no one will read it. Read your flyer and pretend you are the customer and then decide if you were a guy looking for a new roof or a to add a deck to their home would your flyer catch your attention. If your answer is YES you’ve done a great job.
8. Proofread – Do this your self then have 2 other people re-read it so you do not have mistakes.
9. Tight Budget and Cannot Use Color Graphics Then Here’s Your Solution – Use bright color paper and print with black ink.
10. Include a Special – If you can, offer a monthly special that grabs your readers attention.
PLACEMENT OF THE FLYERS – Scout out all the places around town that allow 30 day placement of flyers. Many of the banks, grocery stores, credit unions and mail box places have community boards for flyers. Scout them out, make a list, then place your current flyer at the beginning of each month every month and continue to do it for 6 months. Include a tracking phone number on the flyer instead of your regular busines phone number from FREEDOMVOICE.COM for $10 a month that forwards to your business phone or business cell phone so you know where your leads are coming from. This is a cost, but it is well worth knowing if your marketing is working or if it is not.